Here is a post I wrote a year ago about my experience interacting with a paper mill.
As you know, we have been doing short vignettes-“What Would You Do?”-all semester. A survey sent to BU faulty about “dishonesty among students” got me thinking about the ability to buy papers on the Internet. I surfed to samedayessay.com . The following transcript is verbatim. I only changed the name of the customer service rep a I worried she would potentially face some retribution.
- The company claims they sell papers to be guides only. I did not see the disclaimer anywhere.
- The cost to do my white paper assignment seemed around $425.
- Maria thought it was sad how many “lazy” students would use the service, but she seemed to suggest it was more acceptable for students also working or with other extenuating circumstances.
- I posed as a student for awhile.
- I left spelling errors in for accuracy.
Now online: Please leave your question here and one of our agents will attend to…
View original post 834 more words